Disclaimer: If you hate Valentine’s Day, I’m so sorry.
Let me be the first to say, I love Valentine’s Day. I’m not even ashamed to admit it. It’s probably one of my favourite holidays; I don’t know what it is about it, but the day just makes me so happy.
“The one thing I know for sure is that feelings are rarely mutual, so when they are, drop everything, forget belongings and expectations, forget the games, the two days between texts, the hard to gets because this is it, this is what the entire world is after and you’ve stumbled upon it by chance, by accident––so take a deep breath, take a step forward, now run, collide like planets in the system of a dying sun, embrace each other with both arms and let all the rules, the opinions and common sense crash down around you. Because this is love kid, and it’s all yours. Believe me, you’re in for one hell of a ride, after all––this is the one thing I know for sure.” -Beau Taplin
Alright lovers, Valentine’s Day is your day. If you are privileged to have someone to call your own, make them feel special! Show them off to the world! As stated in the quote above, we as humans can’t seem to do anything without love being part of the equation. It doesn’t matter what the movie’s about, love always has some sort of theme. There are countless songs about love. Let’s face it, it’s everywhere. And if by chance, you’ve stumbled upon it, you are endlessly lucky. So love the person you’re with, with all your heart. Don’t hold back. Don’t be scared. Feel everything 100% because no matter what the outcome, this person is and should be everything in this moment.
Be obnoxious on social media, its entirely your day for it. Like I said earlier, show them off to the world!
Okay, okay. In light of this, not everyone has a wonderful relationship and a person to hold at night; I recognize that. I also understand that this can be a very lonely day for some people; not just for the single, but for the elderly, widowed, and the ‘never been kissed’. This is why Valentine’s Day should be more then just relationships, but also about loving the people around you. No one deserves to feel alone. Love and show love to everyone around you.
Beauty Products for Valentine’s Day!
I love the process of getting ready! So getting ready for a date is both nerve-wracking and fun for me. Above are some of my favourite beauty products; I thought I’d give some of my secrets away this Valentine’s Day:
- Urban Decay, NAKED Palette: This is a long time favourite for me in terms of eye shadow. Lately, I’ve been obsessed with the shades Sidecar, Smog, and Dark Horse.
- Philosophy, Sweet Creamy Frosting: I don’t even know if this body lotion is still available in stores but it actually smells like Betty Crocker vanilla frosting. Definitely my favourite body lotion of all time.
- MAC, Diva: Obviously I’m going to be typical and say this is my favourite lipstick, especially for Valentine’s Day. Nothing is more flirty then a bold lip but at the same time if you know you’re going to kiss someone, maybe don’t wear lipstick. It’ll get all over their lips.
- L’ORÉAL, The Infallible Blackbuster (liquid eyeliner): I do love some good winged eyeliner, and based on the fact that this applies like a marker, its pretty easy to use.
- CHANEL, Coco Mademoiselle: I don’t really know how to described scents but if I had to call it something it’d be very dark, sultry, and floral. (I could be way off though.) This is probably my favourite perfume, hands down.
Songs for Valentine’s Day:
Can’t Help Falling in Love- Elvis Presley
Lucky- Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
Can You Feel the Love Tonight?- Elton John
Love Bug- The Jonas Brothers
Today Was a Fairytale- Taylor Swift
Paperweight- Joshua Radlin & Schuyler Fisk
La Vie En Rose- Louis Armstrong
At Last- Etta James
(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life- Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
Give Me Love- Ed Sheeran
I’ll Be- Edwin McCain
Like I’m Gonna Lose You- Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend
I’m going to come out and say love is probably one of the more scarier emotions to feel because you are putting all of your trust in another person. But, whatever it is thats happening for you this Valentine’s Day, I wish you the best in luck. Be yourself and love the ones you love.
Take Care and Keep Smiling ❤